Humpday of be ever wonderful.

What I wanna do, and what I'd like to tell you / may not be, as you see,/ as you live today, what I wanna say/Is be ever wonderful in your own sweet way - Earth Wind and Fire: Be Ever Wonderful


“The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.”
― Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die (GoodReads.com)



Love myself I do. Not everything, but I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I'm tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become. Johnny Weir Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_freedom.html



“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough”
― Oprah Winfrey (GoodReads.com)


Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it. Kevyn Aucoin Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_freedom.html



I've learned that fear limits you and your vision. It serves as blinders to what may be just a few steps down the road for you. The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path. Transforming fear into freedom - how great is that? Soledad O'Brien Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_freedom.html


Well it's fall now.
Not rainy but cold and clammy (from 70 last week to 30/50 degrees this morning.. sheesh).
My car's heat is on the blink (worse than a flux capacitor, gotta hit 40 for it to warm up), not a nice time driving lately. La Nina will be harsh for those of us controlled by a lake or at least I think so... How you doin fam? I am going through it, too much sitting and not enough moving, or more importantly doing. I've planned till I couldn't and didn't do what I should've.. Fam can't reap what ain't sown!, so basically, I am maintaining.

Since last I thought about all of you, those who I've talked to in a year or two, those who reach out and those here for the ride. As always I am humbled and wanted to say thank you. Some of you reached out and contacted me recently and to that I wanted to say thank you too! I appreciate you reading and hitting me up. I realized, (quite often this month) two things. 1) I broke my femur when I was 18 in Oct and last year at the end of Sept.. fall is for falling eh?

Also, Fam, I am in such a different place than last year. It has been rough with all the healing and again in the WINTER, the snow still scares me, but I am thankful to be alive and to have what I have (sanity, fear and determination.. .tv, heat and food.. you know the deal!).

That being said, I do have to prioritize a lot and winter is going to set in so I have to not be a grasshopper. House, car and family, bills, credit and crying with laughter or sometimes sadness... my phrase is that I pay for my freedoms, I am not complaining. I am moving and will keep on. Since my accident, I am concentrating on balance and not making WORK everything. I am constantly reminding myself that working is only a small part in the scheme of it all, only a percentage of stress to pay for a percentage of non-stress equal exchange sometimes?; but it's a part of it all and you should do it, or at least it's how I see it till I am done working.. Retire when I am 67 I hope, if not earlier... I know what 401K means in practice, still have to find more cars for my money to drive around in tho'

Blessings are counted this Humpday, but a grain of salt cause I gotta work on things fam...
I got 100 hooks for stories so next month will be interesting.
I have certs coming on deck, still looking at MS but spring or summer.
I was able to prep for lunch this week and last. Spent way less money on food!
My wife loves me and bought me the food to get for lunch..
My kids.. well they are my kids so... they ain't bad, just hard to focus them sometimes... (teens)

I planned enough now to make those plans come to fruition if only I got off my duff! That's the take away, plan and make sure to execute, get through to the weekend and go out there fam, have some fun?
Scare up a good time. (see what I did there? Halloween? ehh.. no? *grumble gotta work on those hooks*) "whatever you do just make it count (Kendrick Lamar) .."

Tis humpday, be thoughtful, thankful and winterize. Prioritize and figure it out .. look back only to see where you've come from and how far you need to go. If you are where you want to be, get better in that square.
I am telling a woman here that is retiring on her to do list: Read a book on the porch and fall asleep in sunshine. Telling you the same!

Oh yea Fam, if you see the camel, push him in traffic as the construction season truck barrels down on him, yell "Mike knows his name!" and then snicker!

Peace
-Cope



Playlist for a transforming and wonder filled Humpday
Be Ever Wonderful - Earth Wind and Fire
As - Stevie Wonder
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
All Eyes on Me - Tupac Shakur
Respiration - Black Star
99 Problems - Jay Z
Happy - Pharrell
Grandmas Hands - Bill Withers
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Give it Up - KC and the Sunshine Band
Got to Give it up - Marvin Gaye
Rebirth of Slick - Digable Planets

Comments