Humpday of Chasing phantom gainz


Whatever the reason for any one individual's tendency to gain weight, the only way to lose the weight is to eat less and exercise more. Robin Marantz Henig

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. Harriet Tubman
I am not the same man I was 35 years ago. And I hope that five years and ten years from now, I'll be a better man, a more mature man, a wiser man, a more humble man and a more spirited man to serve the good of my people and the good of humanity. Louis Farrakhan

The greatness of art is not to find what is common but what is unique. Isaac Bashevis Singer

For those who are willing to make an effort, great miracles and wonderful treasures are in store. Isaac Bashevis Singer

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you. Walt Whitman


Fam, fam fam! 
It's been hectic!  I've got a lot going on and hopefully some good news soon. 
Just not hinging bets, trying to weigh options and find the correct path for me. 

I am looking at some things that are not truely resolutions but pathway to a result.  I want to get down to what I weighed last year before my long break. 
I have to do some things that I haven't but also go back to changes that got me there. 
1) Eat right: Donuts still talk at me fam, cookies whisper and don't even get me talking about cake! 
2) Exercise more: I am trying to get 4 times a week, but life gets in the way so it's like 2 times
3) Be better overall (mentally): Struggle street is real fam, ain't got no Big birds either.   Just litter and clean up is slow.  But I can see sidewalks on the ave once in a while so it's a plus. 

And this is still a road, this is still travel and i am still chasing who I'd been before that ladder and I had our disagreement.  It's all real but phantom like it only happened in memory.  I know I was down weight, I was harder in mind and deed.  I was focused more and arrogant past confidence.   I am regaining some of that and eschewing the rest as I am past that dude, but in moving up I have to build to that place and side step that junk... I am unsure if that makes sense but its like the Facts of Life song, take the good and take the bad... 

Tis Humpday and you gotta take the good and the bad, see the inches and realize you are human. Be a boss ogre, and stay true.. be humane.. Sometimes little things mean more like I don't drink soda, and compared to last year.. heck six months ago, I can stand on the bad leg for 4-5 seconds vs only 1.  So gainz even with travails. 
Keep walking fam. 
Keep fighting fam. 
Keep that ruler out and measure even in the darkest time. 


Keep that camel away with steel toe boots to the back of the knees.  BANG, yelling that "Mike knows his name! "

-Cope

Playlist for a determined to move Hump Day
Johnny Kemp - Just got Paid
EPMD - Crossover
Tom Jones - It's Not Unsual
O'Jays - Back Stabbers
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Don't Come Around Here
Pimp C - I'm Free
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
Bill Withers - Lovely Day
Jimmy Cliff - Follow my Mind
TuPac Shakur - Smile for me

Comments