Humpday of rain, introspection and appreciation.

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. Confucius
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/confucius140908.html

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrywadsw108465.html?src=t_rain

Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. Carol Burnett
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/carolburne371189.html?src=t_motivational

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed149049.html

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. Roger Miller
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/rogermille107155.html?src=t_rain

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/eleanorroo143006.html?src=t_motivational

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one's voice. Joseph B. Wirthlin
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/josephbwi645915.html?src=t_rain

Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth. Bradley Whitford
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/b/bradleywhi410518.html?src=t_motivational


Fam today it's rainy in the great city by the lake. I got a friend in Madison that hates the roads when it rains .. and snows.  She says people lose their minds and forget how to drive.  I somewhat agree but I have been close to home for the past year, not roaming so ehh..

A humpday of rain and a time for introspection, good coffee/cocoa and possibly a book.
A humpday of inclement weather and time to make sure your car heater is working before we hit snow.

I have been working through a decision for my next move to get me to another level at work.  Trying to find out how to get there.  In a phrase Certs or Degree, better pick one!  I don't know what time I have for study, but I gotta call folks and make a decision ASAP.  I like that knife edge, it breaks monotony and refreshes commitments.  So things are moving and although I realize I haven't had a harrowing story, or other things like surviving through fire, a year ago I was in the nursing home, trying to get some movement back.  Right now I am here.   It rained, poured and sun came out .. or at least it stopped for a minute and I reevaluated my situation and tried to gain more balance in life.   

Fam it's been quite a ride, and I appreciate you being here with me. 
I appreciate the movement and during this weather where people driving lose their minds.
I appreciate good brakes.
I appreciate movement, good food and decisions made of me not for me.

I have been working out, not losing weight really but gaining strength.  Walking with a limp makes you think about getting stronger so that limp stops. I made a good PR (personal record) on Sunday, but at a bit of a price.. On Chest Press machine, did 170, on Leg Extension I did 270 (used to do more but since broken leg I am going back up).  Tis Humpday and the price is a bit of soreness especially when it's raining.   That makes you only feel more alive, sometimes older or slower but still moving!  We are all still living and moving, appreciating that fact will help us get through.   I urge you to do as much as you can so you aren't forced to do anything you'd have to.   Blood Pressure, the sugars and such.  If the price is a bit of discomfort, please shovel whip the camel when you see him and keep goin! Yell back "Mike Knows his Name!"

Oh yea I am participating in NaNoWritMo.  I am gonna attempt to get a story told and a book written in a month!
Check it out at nanowritmo.org



Playlist for a Rainy Humpday
Smooth Criminal-Michael Jackson-Japanese Cover-Jushichigen
Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton
Georgia on my mind  - Ray Charles
Just Buggin - Whistle
Roses are Red - Mac Band
Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Blame it on the Rain - Milli Vanilli
Blame it on the Alcohol - Jamie Foxx
Can you Stand the Rain - New Edition
Ballroom Blitz - The Sweet
--

10/15/15 - Playlist::
Playlist album: All in All – Earth Wind and Fire
A Side
1.        "Serpentine Fire" 
2.        "Fantasy" 
3.        "In the Marketplace (Interlude)" 
4.        "Jupiter" 
5.        "Love's Holiday" 
6.        "Brazilian Rhyme (Beijo)" 
 B Side
1.        "I'll Write a Song For You" 
2.        "Magic Mind" 
3.        "Runnin" 
4.        "Brazilian Rhyme (Ponta de Areia)" 
5.        "Be Ever Wonderful" 


--
-Cope

Comments