Humpday of toning it down and working it out


So when I'm working out I do things extreme. Taylor Dayne

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. George Bernard Shaw

So when I'm working out I do things extreme. Taylor Dayne

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death. Leonardo da Vinci


Happy Humpday! 

So fam 
I go to work out.   Been doing well lately too!  Trying to get stronger each day and since i got no PT... need to do something. 

In fact I have various reasons to do so, one is my MFP fam (Cope_Jr if you don't remember from a previous post). 
I am Black, live in the US and oh work for a living.  So heart disease, diabetes (the sugars), high blood pressure (the pressures) and stress.  I don't want my heart to pop fam. 

One of the most important reasons is to get my body in shape and tone it up.   I have had to apply this idea to work too that I have to tone my grandiose-ness back tho.   Fam, I am a strong dude, big personality and while not always clear ideas, plentiful.  I came into work having to summon up the old Cope where I want to show what i am worth and fight so they know that...  BUT After a week I found i can't do that here.  That I gotta workout and train had.. like flex muscle a bit and keep steady going, but also tone that wanting and needing to prove myself back. 

See as an outsider (the tenure at this place is huge... like people have been there for more than a 5 years, a decade and some more),  you see things that don't make sense or that you want to get the chance and change it not for change sake, but cause maybe it's not efficient in your mind or like above, no real grasp.  Yea there are ways people do things, but you may excel (and yea I am Excel bound) at other things and people who been places do things a  way, always that way!.. this presents as either trained or used to doing it.  This week, I realized that I have to learn and subvert those ways.. to do so I have to tone it back (put on my non threatening smile.. ok just non threatening glare). 
 
So gotta change the conversation with myself and old Cope,  from going in fighting to I am going in to rope-a-dope, learn the rhythm and then break out in the third round.   Does that make sense?  Yea I can do the job and i can make suggestions, but if I do then i look like I am reaching (and i ain't) so co workers think you funky.  I ain't funky fam I just see a way to do it differently.  I guess this parallels life too; like me, the gym and healing ..   I get stuck sometimes realizing I used to be stronger, better and did more in the gym. Hurt my back, got down.  Hurt my leg (prior to the break) and got down... so now with the break.. not the worse but bad it's having to rebuild from that and realizing .. 1) I ain't as young as I was and 2)I can't go ham cause i could really set myself back and it's been a hard road already.  I don't want to suffer a setback.  So again tone it down, bide the time and break out. 

Fam, tis the dreaded Humpday for some.  We gotta tone it down and dial it back or go beastmode.   Whichever you chose, think about it first, this is the day for a break to catch our breath and either catch fire or catch them slippin.  Fam let's get it in. If you see the camel tell him he lost his pocket and as he looks down Elbow him to the back of the neck swiftly and then kick him several times.. all the while yellin Mike Knows His Name! 


Peace
-Cope

Playlist tomorrow for Thirsty Thursday.. Long and curated. 

Comments