Dragonstorm: Wilde Hairs - Kinda Kidnapped

DS LogoWilde about Wilde: 

Saturday we gamed a bit late and I was grateful that only time was in the way of my friends and I playing.  I truly call them friends (my players) because they are.  No one would put up with me and my SW - style is sort of haphazard.  I was later than I'd like, but I gave a good game I think.

We did invite Ara if Elmo option was chosen. 



Players or the crew:---

Matt - Arson - Rogue and gets things done
Christina - Mara - Rogue and wants to start her own spy network (for all their flaws, the Valarians have the best spy network in Oblivion)
Houk - Aligata - I am so loving the portrayal of an anorexic looking tigrean. 
Fidems or C2- Fiedems - Played background, she is not the stealthy type and has some shrouds.  She has firepower but it didn't come in handy with the paths they chose. 
Kalemendrax - Kiranaku - distracted but has lots of magic.  Was able to be detected as a "Brethren" by the cat...

We have been doing a fair amount of role-ing versus a hook, story and a fight... I figure it works for the story and plots.  i am taking a cue from MMORPGs, make an expansive world with some limits and no huge plot train.There are like 50 quests, not all mapped out that players can chose here but there are more in the making.  Because I had to write the town up I got some ideas on how far it'd go before it snaps.

The crew decided on kidnapping or speaking to the girlfriend of Wilde to find any information on where then Hairs were.  I made plans for this, as well as some hooks for other pieces to get  a bit more coherent within the context.   Players decided to go hunting for a dancer... as stated before.


--Begin Digression
 This was one of several plot hooks I gave prior to game:
1 ) Does anyone want to take the ELMO doll?
2) The junkyard at the Edge of Oblivion has some other things too (think Mechs!)
3) The Hairs did leave you all with a quandary... the Lost (Dragons/Elves that drain shifter time)...
4) Also Why did everyone (all shifters) lose the card in the earthquake, what does the stone have to do with it?
5) Does anyone want to infiltrate the Hairs or do some reconnaissance for a patron of Oblivion in the Thieves Town...
6) Would you like to go to a Spa run by Jikadels or find out more about the Cabal and the Blood Gaws...
-/End Digression

Phoenix with Lightning over it black and white picture. Oblivion reminds me of this (Phoenix AZ does not have a floating city above it..)Oblivion: To capture a dancer (not the title of the adventure)

Mendie Starfire, I forget her real name works in Darkenvale (Thieves court). 
She is a top rated dancer and dominatrix at the Repentance Lounge (Jikadell place). 
To get the info, a charm-war ensued between Arson (Matt) and Lula-belle, the resident Madame of the brothel.  That was a good fight... Charm versus charm  the Madame and the Spy.   We will talk more of imposters later.  


-SW Impression
Aligata did some impressive magic with Levitate/Magic Ear.  The levitation was so cool becuase it looked like a magic hand pulled the cat form into a window.  Really cool use of her powers.  Houk did impress me with that forethought.  It shouldn't have in Hindsight, Houk is a good thinking player with judicially picking some unique ways to do things. 

Mara was a debutant heh.  She got a meeting with BigBad Willie (Banking chief) and Thomas.  She'd wanted to get in on the torture but Arson didn't share hahaha.

Fiedems and Kiranaku were semi-silent.  The provided good support but were semi not able to get things to do.  I think that's my fault, I'd have sent them to the Undercity but hadn't really put it in place.  I may have to try some emailing...
--End

The crew found out that Mendie wears the disguise of an Ebony Elf but is truely a Tigrean.
She hasn't been to work, place is ransacked and she has gone missing.  She is Wilde's girlfriend.
They found 3 spirits in wait.  1) a watcher/messenger for any of the Brotherhood, a little girl called Ashliegh that calls MS, "Mama". And a cat that could be a familiar or something.  It was only seen on the spirit plane but went to Kiranaku(Kalemendrax's character), it told her of the brotherhood
So the Lost (they don't drain hp, cardpoints or anything. They drain your life).  seem to have gotten to Ms. Starfire and then she got the Tox.  It could be Concidence with a capital C.  She called in for help and not to... the Brotherhood (she is a Prismatic Wizard, casts all magics). 

-Begin Second Digression
Well, Oblivion has it's fair share of darker places as well as lit ones and my players (Mara, Arson, Aligata, Fidems, and Kiranaku) are seeming to be intrigued.  There are a lot of hooks which I like. 
1) Is the cat a familiar or just a spirit can it track her? 2) If the little girl ghost (Ashleigh)  is huge in power.. is she an ancestor .. why is she a daugter? 
3) How long does MS have left?
4) Where is the ELMO in all of this.
5) Are the Hairs protecting their own, what is a key to the skulls or to their behavior. 
6) Who is controlling the Storm
7) Was she a random target by a member of the Lost
-/End Second Digression

Sheldon from Big Bang theory with evil grinWhile all this is fluff for the real fun of the night.  Arson had been quiet and Matt asked to take him out on a stroll... we roleplayed torture.  Really simple, but very interesting as to what he found about the Cabal and how he went about it.  I was facinated to say the least. Arson used fire, water and Jikadell torture room and a tub to impersonate the Council and get information on the Cabal.  I didn't stop it, I daresay I would not have if I wanted to (even if he were a Valarian (I tend to think in terms that Valarians are Lawful Good versus Rogues being Nuetral Good).. It was effective and further cemented Arson as a ... well ... great spy/imposter/torture/tatician and whatever. 


Regardless It was a good game I think.  Hopefully we can play again next week.

Comments