Humpday of turkey halftime - 11/21/18


Thanksgiving used to be Thanksgiving, and it was its own holiday, not Christmas: Part 1. When I was a kid, you ate, and you drank, and you passed out and nobody woke you up and said, 'Let's go shopping.' - Lewis Black

Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth. -Bradley Whitford

All food is comfort food. Maybe I just like to chew. -Lewis Black

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. -Og Mandino

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. Norman Vincent Peale

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are. -Joyce Giraud

Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse. -Henry Van Dyke

Fam I am musing,  Tis Humpday but it's also close to Thanksgiving.  
And, yes it does count as a Humpday for those of us still having to work the rest of the week, or those that have to come back on Friday.  

Per my business, Support don't stop just cause you are in the US when we are global right?   
Regardless, I have been looking at happiness or more importantly the chase for riches that doesn't lead to it.  I have been looking at gratitude and such since I have found myself in a place I like, in state of mind I like and honestly being ok for a change. 

My manager asked me if I was happy here.  Not a bad question or in response to anything like ultimatum status, but a genuine question as to the well being of an employee.   As a natural Cope-ism I replied that I like the place and my happiness didn't matter cause I get to move. I don't have to travel across 3 states and I can be accountable for what I do.  That I can be trusted and work to do my best.   I have been without movement so many times that I think that is my happiness.  Emotional Happiness is fleeting, true thankfulness is present and honest gratitude is a way of life.  Movement for me equates to being ok, to being grounded and not too comfortable.   I have some happy moments, like when I am really grooving on a beat made or see old friends but really it doesn't matter in my view, I am moving.  

Tis humpday fam, we can look towards getting sick of turkey or remembering good times.  We can be thankful that maybe we got some dinner and if we don't have enough to get dinner, they still serve it down at the arena.  That, fam ... we are living.   I have been through a lot the last 2 or 3 years, and I am still here.  It don't matter if I am happy or even sad.  I am moving, focused and thankful to be breathing.. living in gratitude.  I am thankful I have a job, pay health insurance and the wife was able to get a needed surgery.   I am thankful, fam that I am walking without the boot and limp is almost gone.   I am thankful fam for you sticking with me. 

If you see the camel let him pass.. hit him in the head with a turkey loaf and yell Mike Knows his name, don't spend too much on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.  
Enjoy all your time fam.  
We can get through this, and again I thank you. 
-Cope

Playlist for a perspective filled Humpday
Diamond in the back -Curtis Mayfield
Be Thankful - Raheem Devine
Aux Cord - Big KRIT
Thank You - Sly and the Family Stone
Be Ever Wonderful - Earth Wind and Fire
Wonderwall - Oasis
As -Stevie Wonder
Outstanding - The Gap Band

Comments