Humpday of sitting back counting gainz

One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity. Albert Schweitzer

If you look around, complacency is the great disease of your autumn years, and I work hard to prevent that. Nick Cave
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/complacency.htmlFam

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. Barack Obama

The tragedy of life is often not in our failure, but rather in our complacency; not in our doing too much, but rather in our doing too little; not in our living above our ability, but rather in our living below our capacities. Benjamin E. Mays

Success is not a destination, but the road that you're on. Being successful means that you're working hard and walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream by working hard towards it. That's living your dream. Marlon Wayans

Don't let your special character and values, the secret that you know and no one else does, the truth - don't let that get swallowed up by the great chewing complacency. Aesop

We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. C. S. Lewis

A rolling stone gathers no moss, but it gains a certain polish. Oliver Herford


I have been on a mission for the past year to find some peace. 

Last year about this time I'd broke my leg, in the hospital, wrapped like a mummy and was going into surgery later that day.  

Since then I have been all about the balance (cause literally I didn't have any)...

I realize that in an earlier time, I broke my other leg, the femur when in high school, and asked God to help me walk again saying that if I could, I'd continue on cause walking was still honest at that time.   
Later in life, somewhere I'd started to run and kept on till this break.  The thing is I remember before that early break, saying I'd need some time cause I was running too much,and then a break and BANG that happened.  

This time I didn't say that but somehow, some way I was forced to slow down and re-evaluate things in the wake of that new development. Being off your feet forces you to stop fam, Not able to drive, to walk, to move stuff.. and don't get me started on crutches, walkers and shower chairs. Slow bone heals, to another surgery to being out of the boot and in good shoes (and tads...). 

Looking back to see where I've come from right?  How far I've got to go fam, I went from being in a nursing home to being at home to realizing I may need to go out again cause I get on my wife's nerves...I went from wheeling around in a wheel chair to being able to crutch around, toddle down stairs one at a time to at least walking nominally and normally an hour a day.  I still don't do showers for fear of falling and sometimes toddle down the stairs but its progress nonetheless. 
 
It's taken a long time fam and I ain't done yet.   Balance for me is striving for my goals, understanding and counting my gainz and to keep going in the face of that.   The crux is that I have had to slow down, to think and to keep going each way, forwards and backwards.  

Tis Humpday fam, There's a lot I can say in this message about focus, goals, redemption and peace.  Alot I can expound on with balance, seeking the corners of your mind to find yourself or even some how those pain drugs that made me never want to take anything.. even aspirin again (they mess up your internals fiercely).  What I will say is gains are in inches, not feet. Only look back to see how far you've come and keep moving forward.  

IF you see the camel, trip him and laugh like Nelson from the Simpsons .. tell him Mike knows his name! 

Peace
-Cope


Playlist for tomorrows Thirsty Thursday. 
Starting off with The Ohio Players - I Want To Be Free

Comments