Humpday of preparation in the face of - 4/11/2018

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. -T. E. Lawrence
Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people. Tena Desae
The truest characters of ignorance are vanity and pride and arrogance. - Samuel Butler Characters, 
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. Albert Einstein  
Truest Vanity is the quicksand of reason. - George Sand 
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -Benjamin Franklin
Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. -Anthony J. D'Angelo
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Mahatma Gandhi

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results?q=Learning 
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/vanity



Hey Fam
It's been one!

I keep moving, sometimes only in place.  I forgot my rest and have been running, night and day.. candle burning at both ends.. at my age.. no easy feat. I ain't spring chicken like nor am I Superman, I just play him in my mind.   I know these things.  I feel these things yet I can't stop being these things, at least trying to be and realizing how screwed up that is.   Aspiration is good, reaching is good.. over grabbing, over promising and never meeting anything to snufff, is Bad.  Very Bad.  Doesn't look good for the brand labeled COPE versus any other fits.  I am still learning tho.  I am growing...always expanding my square and reaching for more.   I think tho' I am grounded by you all and hence I am able to step back, enjoy a bowl of honey nut cheerios and reflect.

Tis Humpday fam!

I am at the new place and I still like it, but I am a realist.  I always wait for the other shoe to drop.   My intention is to be me always tho.  Not immovable, too rigid but also not bending to break.  My new phrase, I refuse..
I am in school fam, first class and all.  I thought I knew it but didn't read it.. now I read it and realize the sheer amount of ignorance and conceit I had.  Old man syndrome, or Kanye, Can't Tell Me Nothin'!

Like Humpday, I got over that.   Fam get over today too?!?  Realize what you don't know, that you forgot more than you remembered and written words are strongest spoken from the heart.   They may hurt less but impact more from there versus that darker place that seeks the opposite.   Tis Humpday fam, we got this, it's training wheels and this weekend we can Grill Out even in the rain.
If you see the camel, hit him with a hammer and be silent about it.. I got homework to do!

Peace
-Cope

Comments